Smyrna is often thought of as one of Atlanta’s many suburbs, but has a lot more to offer residents than a quick commute to downtown Atlanta. Smyrna’s 50,000 residents enjoy a wide variety of amenities from outdoor spaces and art festivals to Smyrna’s iconic Market Village. The local economy is strong, with an unemployment rate lower than the national average and huge growth predicted over the next decade. As one of the top Smyrna property management companies, we can attest to the fact that Smyrna is a great place to invest in rental property. Excellent housing options are available to investors at every level, whether you want to purchase a small condo or four bedroom single-family home. If you’re considering investing in the Atlanta metro area, we encourage you to look at the rapidly growing Smyrna real estate market.
Why Do You Need a Property Manager?
Why do you need a property manager for your Smyrna rental property? Simply put, property managers can turn your investment into a success. Experience and attention to detail at every stage of the rental cycle will bring you a better return on investment. What does that mean for your Smyrna rental home? Here is how we do it:
- Preparing Your Rental Property: Before you put your rental home on the market it should be rent ready. Our property managers will inspect your rental home and make recommendations for bringing it up to code, cost-effective maintenance, and increased curb appeal. Our recommendations ensure your home spends as little time as possible on the market, saving you money.
- Marketing and Showing Your Rental Property: Cost-effective Smyrna property management means getting a high-quality tenant into your rental property as quickly as possible. We market your rental across dozens of websites, including our own rental search page, using photos and a video walkthrough. When a potential tenant is ready to see the property in person, we are quick to schedule a walk-through. This approach reduces expensive vacancy days and brings in better applicants.
- Screening Tenants: Thorough tenant screening should include a credit check, income, and employment verification, rental history, and background check. Every person over 18 living on the property should be screened. Yes, that means even your tenant’s 18-year-old son or daughter who will not be responsible for paying rent. Skipping steps during the screening process may lead to an eviction.
- Collecting Rent: Whether you provide an online payment method or physically handle rent checks, rent collection should only entail depositing money into your bank, right? Unfortunately, things are never that easy when it comes to Smyrna property management. You must set clear and firm rent collection policies with your tenant, including due dates and late fees. Checks should be deposited into the correct accounts in a timely manner. Clear communication is never more important than when you are collecting money from your tenant.
- Cost-Effective Maintenance: If it isn’t broken, why fix it? This saying may hold true in some scenarios, but when it comes to cost-effective maintenance it isn’t exactly correct. If you only attend to broken items, you will actually spend a lot more money in the long run. Cost-effective maintenance means taking care of your home’s systems so they work better for longer.
- Regular Property Inspections: How often should you inspect your rental property? We recommend quarterly or biannually. Property inspections are an important part of being a proactive property owner. They signal to your tenant that you care about their well-being. During an inspection, your property manager will check for maintenance needs and lease compliance issues.
- Tenant Support: Who does your tenant call when they have an issue? When you work with our Smyrna property management company we take care of every issue, even middle of the night emergency calls. Good tenant communication, and a degree of separation between owner and tenant, leads to less tenant turnover.
- Preparing for Move-In and Move-Out: Our team of experts prepares the lease documents for signing so there is no delay in moving your new tenant in. As the end of the lease nears, we are proactive in getting your tenant to sign a new lease. If they choose to move out, we ensure they are aware of all move out procedures and quickly prepare the property for its new tenants.
Why do you need a property manager for your Smyrna rental property? Unless you are an expert in all of the above procedures you could be losing money on your investment. Property management is a full-time job that requires experience to get right. Leave the hassle and headache to the professionals.
Finding the Best Smyrna Property Management Company
When you’ve decided to invest in Smyrna rental property who do you call to manage it? Choosing the right property manager makes a big difference in your levels of involvement and stress. Specialized Property Management Atlanta is a full-service property management company, meaning we take care of every step of the rental cycle. The same cannot be said of every Smyrna property manager. Here is what makes Specialized Property Management Atlanta stand out from the competition.
- Price Match Guarantee: We believe you should never settle for anything less than the best for your investment. That is why we offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with our services within the first 60 days of your management contract, we will refund your management fee.
- Tenant Guarantee: Our rigorous tenant screening process will bring in the right tenant, we guarantee it. In fact, if a tenant we place breaks their lease during the first 10 months of the lease, we will replace them at no cost to you.
- Price Lock: Budgeting for your rental property is hard enough without taking into account how your Smyrna property management fees may change year over year. That is why we offer our clients a price lock guarantee. We will lock in your management fee structure for a period of 3 years, allowing you to plan for your future.
- Legal and Accounting Compliance: Some discount “managers” save money by cutting corners in legal compliance and accounting. Whether they are intentionally acting unethically, or just don’t know the law, the result is the same – you are hit with a steep fine. At Specialized Property Management Atlanta, we promise to always comply with federal, state, and local housing laws and accounting regulations.
- Superior Home Performance: Your rental home is an investment, and should be treated as such. Our property managers work hard to maintain your home’s systems in order to save you money and protect your investment. We perform regular inspections and proactive maintenance so you never need to worry if your home is safe and habitable.
- Leading Technology: Why should you use the latest technology for your investment property? Data-driven Smyrna property management will yield better results. Property management is complex which is why data will help you make cost-effective decisions. In our unique client portal, you can view real-time updates about the status of your property to inform your choices.
- Eviction Protection: Our property managers do everything possible to avoid evictions, starting with placing the best tenants possible. However, even with great property management evictions are still a possibility. For a small monthly fee, we offer an eviction protection plan. Our eviction protection plan saves you from the headache, hassle, and cost of evicting a tenant.
What Smyrna Property Owners Have to Say
We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to who manages your assets. Listing out the benefits and compromises of each company can sometimes make things more confusing. That is why it can be helpful to look at online reviews for local management companies. If you’re wondering what other property owners have to say, take a look at verified reviews from Google and the Better Business Bureau. Here is what our clients say about our expert Smyrna property management.
“Thanks for the good customer service, very informative and always willing to listen and answer any questions via email or phone call. Very pleased with the process”Jenny B. Google Review
“Specialized Property Management is the most efficient and courteous property management company I’ve worked with thus far. The staff is responsive, honest and friendly. Jarrod Cook and his Atlanta team are true professionals and I plan to refer them to my co-workers and friends.”Janelle C. Google Review
“Specialized property management was great! The process to get us into our new home was very easy and the staff was super helpful all throughout. Even after moving in they are always available to help with any issues/questions we have. Great team!”Victoria G. Better Business Bureau Review
Don’t Wait For Better Property Management
Whether you own investment property in Smyrna, or you are looking to purchase your first rental home, don’t wait to call the experts at Specialized Property Management Atlanta. Specialized has the Smyrna property management experts you need to turn your investment into a success. To learn more or to get a no-obligation quote, call our offices today at 404-596-8454.