All homeowners want their tenants to stay long term, pay rent on time, and show respect for their property. A good way to keep your profits high and limit turnovers is to respond quickly to maintenance requests. Even with rental property management companies, Atlanta investors know there will still be repairs from time to time. Here are five keys to keeping your maintenance costs low.
- Prepare property in between tenants. During the turnover process, try to do as much maintenance as possible to prevent future bigger problems and to give yourself and your future tenant the most convenient and effective work hours. When residents move into a well-maintained property, they are more likely to respect it because you do. Make sure all repairs are up to code.
- Plan ahead for maintenance costs. A good rule of thumb is to set aside 1 to 2 month’s rent amount to cover future maintenance, according to rental property management companies. Atlanta landlords understand that when you plan, you can afford to fix problems before they become worse and end up costing you more money. Another good way to ensure you have funds for maintenance, is to set a yearly budget. If you know a laundry machine is old and likely to break down within the year, set the money aside now so you can replace it quickly before tenants get angry for paying for a service that isn’t accessible.
- Be proactive. Take preventative measures and stay up on seasonal and regular property maintenance like getting your rain gutters cleaned out before rainy season to prevent flooding, cleaning out dryer vents to prevent fire hazards, routine smoke detector checks to limit your liability, and annual or biannual fire extinguisher service.
- Respond quickly. By being available to your tenants, you reduce your risk and liability while your residents stay happy and safe. Rental property management companies, Atlanta, usually have a 24-hour maintenance emergency hotline that residents may call in case of a maintenance emergency. Time is of the essence in some cases.
- Get discounts and bids on service. When hiring a property management company, you will likely get discounts on maintenance service from vendors, and we can also help you receive accurate bids on projects.
Specialized Property Management is one of the top rental property management companies Atlanta has to offer. Specialized has experienced property management teams to steer you in the right direction, depending on the needs of your property. Call today to learn how we can help you stay prepared.