Why do rental property investors choose to work with Specialized Property Management Atlanta?
It takes time and effort to buy, sell and manage single-family rental homes. Real estate investing in Atlanta is easier when you leave the hard work to experienced professionals. The Specialized Property Management Atlanta team goes above and beyond to offer the most comprehensive property management services. The result is a better return on investment, and more time to do the things you love.
Buying and Selling Investment Property
Take Your Investing to the Next Level
Are you looking to add more properties to your real estate portfolio? Our real estate professionals can help you find your next rental property, and not just in Atlanta. We use a data-driven system to analyze cities and neighborhoods around the country, in order to find you the perfect rental property. All we need is your financial preferences and goals, then we help you find a rental property to match. Whether the property is in Atlanta, or another up and coming city around the country, we will work with you to reach your investing goals. From start to finish, we make the process simple. When you’re ready to start expanding your portfolio of rental investments in Atlanta and beyond contact our experienced professionals.
Selling Your Rental Property
Selling a single-family investment property used to be expensive and time-consuming. Property owners waited until their tenants moved out, then rehabbed the home and put it on the market. Vacancies and maintenance are two of the biggest expenses for investment property owners. Now, we can help you sell your investment property while it is still occupied through a partnership with Roofstock.com. That means your cash flow doesn’t stop until your closing date. Your property will be marketed to investors both in the U.S. and abroad for maximum exposure, all while you sit back and relax. Selling an investment property has never been easier.
Easily Invest in New Investment Properties-Anywhere
Real estate investing in Atlanta is one of the smartest things to do with your money. Doing it the right way and finding the best properties is the hard part. Let us help you find your next rental investment. We have the means and technology to analyze neighborhoods and vacant properties all across the country. We make sure that the property you invest in will give you the highest return on investment possible by finding the best vacant investment homes in quality neighborhoods. Through our system, we have the ability to take your financial situation into consideration and only show you properties that meet your goals and expectations. You can choose certain communities based on risk, return, and quantum of investment. Don’t add to your stress by trying to do it on your own when our proven systems and technology can simply find the best investment properties for you.
Three Strategies for Entering Real Estate Investing
How do you play the real estate investment game? There are three strategies we typically see when property owners want to get into real estate investing. Which one is the “right way”? The method that works best for you, your lifestyle, and your financial situation, is the “right way” for you. Our experienced team will help you determine your path to success.
The “Buy And Hold” Strategy of Real Estate Investing In Atlanta
The buy and hold strategy gives investors a long-term plan. As a property owner, you can buy an investment property, move a tenant in, and hold onto it for the long term. Your property will appreciate over time, and meanwhile, you will receive a monthly rental income. Many real estate investors advocate buying a property for cheap and flipping it, making an immediate profit. While that method may bring in as much as $50,000 in a short time, the buy and hold strategy has its own benefits including:
- Tax Benefits: Rental property owners can claim tax benefits by deducting certain costs. These costs include management fees, maintenance costs, repairs, depreciation, and interest on financing. When you work with the experienced team at Specialized Property Management Atlanta, you will receive regular reports on maintenance, repairs, and inspections, as well as end-of-year tax statements for your records. To learn more about what you can deduct from your taxes, visit the IRS webpage here.
- Avoiding Market Fluctuations: Real estate investments in Atlanta can be in jeopardy when markets crash. But investors who are prepared can take advantage of these crashes. Smart investors who stayed liquid during the 2008 market crash were able to not only keep their investment properties, but purchase more property for a lower price. After the market crash, many families were forced to rent, and single-family home investors were able to offer the products for which these families were looking. It is also important to note that the cost of renting a home does not follow trends in home sale prices. This is because a market crash means more people will lose their homes and start looking for a rental. With a flood of people on the rental market, rental property rates will either stay the same or increase with the corresponding demand.
- A Retirement Plan: Smart planning on your part will result in the mortgage on your rental property being paid off, or at least getting close, when you hit retirement. A buy and hold property can be part of your retirement portfolio, bringing in monthly cash-flow. Investors can earn up to $1,000 a month after expenses on each property, which is a big help to those entering retirement.
Specialized Property Management Atlanta can help you manage your buy and hold real estate to get the maximum return on investment. Our team helps investors make more on their rental investments in Atlanta with our comprehensive management services.
Keeping Your Family Home for Profit
Another way to enter the real estate game is to hold on to your current single-family home rather than sell it when you decide to move out. This method makes it easy for first-time investors to get their feet wet and build extra income. Most of the time these investors realize the benefits of owning an investment property and go on to build their real estate portfolio one home at a time.
Recently, this strategy has gained popularity as high-quality rental homes have risen in demand. Renters of today are often renting as a conscious choice, not because they cannot afford to own a home. This makes them more picky, and more willing to rent a home with the high-end touches present in a personal residence.
One downside to this method of real estate investment in Atlanta can be the affection you feel for a home that was once yours. Renters often do not take care of a rental home the same way an owner would. Some investment property owners find it frustrating to see a home they lived in for years not cared for at a standard they are used to. Tensions can arise between owner and tenant, and in some cases lead to an eviction. This is where Specialized Property Management Atlanta can help. Our seasoned professionals know how to manage owner-tenant relationships so everyone knows what is expected. Our methods reduce turnover and evictions, while keeping your property well maintained.
The BRRRR Method of Investing in Rental Property
The final method individuals use to build their real estate portfolio is the BRRRR Method. BRRRR stands for Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, and Repeat. Here is how this method works:
- Buy a home that is undervalued, or needs significant work to start your real estate investments in Atlanta. These homes are typically available at great prices, but you have to keep your eyes peeled for them.
- Rehab the home so you can place tenants. Rehabbing a home for renters may look different than rehabbing for a flip. Check with your property managers to see what features will appeal most to renters in your area.
- Rent the home out when you have completed repairs.
- Refinance the property with a cash-out refinance after it is repaired and rented out. The repairs you have done will increase the value of the home so you can get your money back out.
- Repeat the process using the money from your refinance.
If you are considering using the BRRRR Method, there are some things you should know before jumping in. Most importantly, you need to have cash on hand to get the ball rolling. You will need enough money for a down-payment and repairs, plus extra cash to get you through until you can place a renter. If major repairs are needed, the process of rehabbing and renting may take you 6 months or more. In addition, you must have a reliable lender to help you with your real estate investments in Atlanta. A cash-out refinance relies heavily on the bank’s appraisal after your repairs. If the appraisal comes in low, you may not be able to get as much out as you want.
What can Specialized Property Management Atlanta do to help you use the BRRRR Method? Our team of real estate experts knows a deal when we see one. We can help you find the right property in the right location for the right price. We will also help you organize cost-effective and quick repairs so you can save money during the rehab. Finally, we will place a reliable tenant and take care of the day to day management so you can refinance and start the process all over again. The BRRRR Method can be a powerful way to invest in real estate. Once you get it down and know how to spot a great deal it is possible to purchase a new home every 45 days or so.
Three Strategies for Successful Rental Investments in Atlanta
How can the Specialized Property Management Atlanta team help you turn your investment into a successful business? Here are three strategies you can use, and how Specialized Property Management Atlanta makes investing easy.
- Buying Investment Property in Atlanta: Buying investment property takes time, and time is money. Our real estate professionals will take the guesswork out of finding a great property by using our knowledge of local markets, saving you time on researching the best deals. After you purchase your property, Specialized Property Management Atlanta will oversee any repairs, using discounts from vendors with whom we partner. Investors using the BRRRR Method find the process to be easier and smoother when they work with our team.
- Buying Investment Property Elsewhere: Do you want to buy an investment property in a hot rental market? According to Forbes, some of the best rental markets are Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Kansas City. While Atlanta is also on Forbes’ list, you may want to diversify by buying in another location. Specialized Property Management Atlanta can take you beyond real estate investments in Atlanta using tools like Roofstock or our Specialized Property Management purchasing site. When you use these tools you are set up with a rental home, tenants, and warranties. All you need to do is sit back and watch your investment take off.
- Portfolio Management: Do you have a large portfolio of personal, institutional, or family trust investments with multiple rental homes? Specialized Property Management Atlanta offers full-service portfolio management for your investments.
There are many strategies for expanding your real estate portfolio, but the best method is the one that works for your financial situation and your lifestyle. Whichever method you choose, Specialized Property Management Atlanta can help you turn your investment into a successful business.