Upon purchasing a rental house, cash flow is at the forefront of investors minds. Too often, people try to save themselves money by not hiring home rental companies. Atlanta investors may end up learning the hard way that managing the property themselves ends up costing them more. Below are 10 common questions investors ask and Specialized Property Management’s professional responses:
- How do I get my property rented out more quickly? When you hire SPM Atlanta, you can be certain your home will be rent-ready as soon as possible. At move-out, we conduct a thorough walk-through inspection of the home and make a list of any maintenance repairs or updates needed on the home. We quickly schedule vendors, re-key the property, and hire cleaners so your property can hit the market in a timely manner. SPM Atlanta also conducts market comparisons to make sure you get a competitive rental price for your home. If a price is too high, the house will stay vacant longer. If it is too low, investors will miss out on quality renters and extra cash flow.
- How can I better protect myself legally as a landlord? Professional property management is more that just collecting rent, its a legal advisor as well. Staying up to date on all local, state, and federal housing laws is a key responsibility for home rental companies. Atlanta property managers must also Practice good ethics with all of their prospective and active tenants. At SPM Atlanta, everyone gets treated equally.
- Will professional management fees hurt my cash flow? Because Specialized Property Management has faster leasing times than average, your management fees pay for themself. We also have 30 years of experience in the industry which helps us avoid costly mistakes. And you can be certain we are up to date on all local, state, and federal housing laws.
- How do property owners know what’s happening with their properties and home rental companies? Atlanta owners expect transparent communication and a 24-hour client hotline, which is exactly what you can expect with SPM. Clients also have an online portal they can access anywhere they have internet access. This provides our clients with information on financials, showings of their property, and any accepted applications.
- How do I choose the best property manager? Compare and contrast home rental companies. Atlanta investors should ask a lot of questions. Find out how they advertise vacancies, handle maintenance requests, and how much experience they have.
- What can I do to make sure my property gets and stays rented? Tenants feel valued when they feel they’re being heard by rental property management. Atlanta, GA, companies must listen and respond quickly to their concerns. SPM has a long reputation of keeping properties well-maintained and has a 24-hour maintenance emergency hotline for tenants. We have proactive tenant retention programs that reward our residents for long term tenancy and keeping good care of the property. This leads to longer than average tenancies in our client’s investment properties.
- How can I make rent collection faster and more simple? Upon move-in, SPM ensures the tenants fully understand the lease agreement and rent payment rules. Tenants have the opportunity to pay rent online through the tenant portal, and, if they fail to pay, we follow up with appropriate notices, including legal notices to Pay Rent or Quit, if necessary. We utilize ACH deposit so our clients know when a rent check has cleared.
- How can I keep maintenance costs down on my rental property? Proactive property inspections are proven to keep repair and maintenance costs low. Too often, landlords hear the horror stories about a maintenance concern that was unreported or unnoticed. When you hire SPM, you can be certain your property will receive regular interior and exterior property inspections to catch problems early on. We also have a 24-hour maintenance hotline, so there’s no excuse for residents to not report a problem. Our clients also receive benefits of our vendor partnerships providing them with cost-effective maintenance repairs.
- Should I manage my own rental property to save money? It’s a common question that many investors ask themselves. However, we’ve found that most investors who try to save money on property management fees discover they end up spending more money in the long run due to maintenance, longer vacancy times, and legal expenses. While managing a single family home is easier than managing a multifamily complex, it still takes a lot of time and effort, from rent collection, to maintenance requests, to scheduling vendors, and so on.
- Why should I trust Specialized Property Management? We pride ourselves on having the highest of standards when it comes to placing a tenant, preparing a home for tenancy, and treating our clients with complete transparency. We also offer affordable management fees and we never have hidden charges.
Call SPM’s rental property management, Atlanta, GA, team today for a quote on managing your investment property.