If you are wondering “how do I rent out my home in Atlanta during COVID-19?” you are not alone. Property owners, managers, and tenants all over the world are adjusting to a new normal as the effects of COVID-19 take hold. When it comes to owning rental property in 2020, we have to balance the health and safety of everyone involved with the continuing needs of property owners and tenants. Find out how we are achieving this balance through virtual showings and more.
How Property Management Has Changed
It is safe to say that most businesses have had to change their day to day operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. While property management is a necessary service and thus allowed to operate without major restrictions, there have been some needed adjustments to how we do business. In the past, inspections, in-person showings, lease signings, and more were part of a normal day. Now, in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, more of our daily operations are being moved online. For other Atlanta property management companies or property owners who self-manage, this transition has been difficult. Without existing digital infrastructure, these businesses have had to start from scratch, putting other tasks on hold. At Specialized Property Management Atlanta, the transition was easier, thanks to our already technology-driven operations. The technology we had in place before the pandemic started allows us to safely continue to manage our rental properties. Virtual showings, online rent collection, and our easily accessible owner portals have made our operations not only possible, but highly successful.
Listing with High-Quality Photos
As experts in leasing, we know how important high-quality advertising is. Even before the pandemic hit, most potential tenants searched for rental properties online before scheduling a showing. That means the first impression of your property comes from the photos and videos attached to your listing. At Specialized Property Management Atlanta, we use High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos to boost the quality of your listing. HDR photos take several photos with different light and dark saturation. The photos are then combined in editing software to even out the dark and light portions, giving you a higher quality and more realistic looking photo. If you are looking to rent out my home in Atlanta posting HDR photos will allow potential tenants to see your rental property in its best light.
Leasing 360 Technology
Uploading HDR photos is the first step to giving your property a boost during listing, but you shouldn’t stop there. It can be difficult to picture the floorplan of a property from pictures alone, which is why we offer Leasing 360 Technology. Leasing 360 Technology takes 4D pictures and data from around the property and puts them together to give prospective tenants the experience of walking through the property. Visual walkthroughs are a powerful tool to market your property efficiently, and gathering the photos and data takes as little as 30 minutes. In addition to high-quality images and video walkthrough, Leasing 360 provides:
- A floor plan providing prospective tenants the layout and dimensions of each space.
- A fact-sheet with details about the property including square footage, wall space, ceiling type, and volume.
- Information about appliances provided by the property owner. Brand, serial number, size, and model number of each appliance are provided in this report.
Leasing 360 is just one way our Atlanta property management company boosts your listing and keeps tenants safe during the pandemic. The photos, walkthrough, and data provided give tenants a feel for the property and confidence when leasing sight-unseen. For more information about Leasing 360, visit this page. To see an example of a virtual listing, visit this page.
Safe Property Showings
When a tenant decides they want to see the property in-person, how do we do that safely? In-person showings are an important part of the leasing process, and even with Leasing 360 technology, some tenants want to walk through the property before signing the lease. Thankfully our property management company uses secure electronic entry boxes. This technology allows prospective tenants to view the property in-person, with no risk to leasing agents and property owners. It also means prospective tenants have the flexibility to visit the property on their schedule, a fact that has led to an increase in showings and applications.
Secure Online Documents to Rent Out My Home in Atlanta
Reducing in-person contact will help stop the spread of COVID-19. However, reducing contact does not mean relaxing tenant screening standards. Our property managers work hard to protect the privacy and security of applicants, and we know a lot of trust goes into sharing the personal information needed to perform screenings. That is why we offer a way to share documents securely online. Applicant screening should include the following:
- Background check
- Rental history
- Credit check
- Employment and income verification
With our proprietary Rental IQ™ technology, we rigorously screen tenants based on the above factors and analyze data to determine a tenant’s reliability. By using a secure online portal to share and sign documents and utilizing Rental IQ™, we are doing our part in reducing in-person contact, protecting applicant information, and placing high-quality tenants.
Online Tenant and Owner Portals
Before COVID-19 hit Atlanta, property owners asked us “how do I rent out my home in Atlanta without the hassle?” One way we make things easier for both owners and tenants is by offering online services through owner and tenant portals. Now that we are striving to reduce physical contact, these portals are even more crucial. Portals are easy to access at any time of the day or night.
Tenant portals include access to:
- Electronic rent payment
- Maintenance request form
- Secure documents and communications
Owner portals provide:
- Property inspection reports and updates
- Recent photos of the property
- Important accounting and year-end tax information
- Secure documents and communications
Access to an online portal means tenants and owners do not have to visit the office to access important paperwork, submit maintenance requests, or pay rent. Before COVID-19 our portals were important; now they are necessary.
Keeping Everyone Safe During Property Maintenance
Of course, even with our leading technology we cannot avoid all in-person contact. Our Atlanta property management company is committed to serving our tenants and property owners, which means we must answer maintenance calls. While non-health and safety repairs may be requested at any time, we are answering them on a case-by-case basis. Both tenant and vendor must agree to the repairs before they will be performed. For both non-essential repairs and emergency repairs, we are committed to following strict COVID-19 protocols in order to protect vendors and tenants. Failure to perform needed maintenance results in higher rates of turnover. According to research we collected, 77% of tenants reported maintenance speed and quality as one of the top factors they weighed when deciding whether or not to renew their lease. Safe, effective, and efficient maintenance sets our property management company apart from the competition. For more information about how we perform safe maintenance on your property during COVID-19, visit this page.
Professional Property Management Helps Rent Out My Home in Atlanta
Navigating the new COVID-19 world of property management is tricky, but with help from professional property management you don’t need to worry about a thing. Our property managers are experts in the rental cycle, and with our 7 Specialized Guarantees our clients know they are getting the best service at the best price.
- Money-Back Guarantee: We know you will love our full range of professional services, which is why we offer a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Price Match Guarantee: Does a competitor offer the same level of services at a lower price? Bring us the competitor’s proposal before signing and we will match it. Talk to our property managers for more details.
- Quality Tenant Guarantee: Our strict screening guidelines mean we only place high-quality tenants. If a tenant we place moves out within 10 months of signing and does not comply with the terms of the lease, we will cover the costs of placing a new one.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: Your property is an investment, and we do our best to protect its value. Our Atlanta property management company will always do its best to keep your home running smoothly while keeping costs down.
- Legal and Accounting Compliance Guarantee: Ignorance, neglect, and unethical practices plague the property management industry and cost owners thousands of dollars in violations. We guarantee you will always be in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and accounting standards.
- Leading Technology Guarantee: Our data-driven approach to property management takes the guesswork out of decision making. With our technology-driven approach we guarantee you will be provided with the information needed to avoid unnecessary costs and make informed decisions.
- Customer For Life Price Guarantee: You should never worry about hidden fees and sudden price changes. We guarantee your affordable fee structure will not change after you sign a three-year service agreement.
Leave the hassle and headache of self-management behind when you work with our experienced professionals. To learn more about our services and get a professional rental management quote call 404-862-8980.